Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most religious person and that could be my only true fault. OK...maybe my second fault.

I can hardly recollect the last time I went to church as I was much younger. I do recall it was an Easter Sunday though and mom dragged me there kicking and screaming. I've always said, "just because I don't go to church, doesn't mean I don't believe" and I still believe that today. Going to church was just never my thing even though my mom certainly tried her best to get us there.

There are however two times in a year when I try and show my faith a little bit more. Those times are Christmas and Easter. Even though I still don't go to a house of God on those days, I do take a moment to say a little prayer.

Even to this day I can still remember my mom or dad putting me to bed and having to say my prayers before covering up. So while most of the ye
ar I'm praying to win the lottery or for my future wife to magically appear, I'll do my best to give an honest effort with my prayer on Easter. I'd still like to win the lottery though. Amen.

Happy Easter to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment