Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hot Enough For Ya?


Clouds Above Marsh
Originally uploaded by *Bundy*
As someone who is not a fan of winter and the bitter cold in the least, you might think I'd be in my glory this summer with the sweltering heat and lack of rain. But that just isn't the case.

Sure I love the fact that we have had lots of sunshine but when the mercury creeps past 30C and the humidity makes it feel like it's in the 40's, that is not my idea of comfortable weather.

I won't complain too much though because before we know it we'll be talking about windchill values and snowfall totals again and wishing for the heat of summer.

Farmers are crying for rain as their crops continue to suffer from lack of moisture. I can't recall the last time we had any significant rain.

It's been so hot I've had the A/C on in my car more this year already than anytime in the past. I'd much rather have the windows down when I'm driving but the muggy conditions give no relief no matter how fast I'm driving.

The scary part is the fact we're just coming into what is normally the hottest part of the summer. But I can't imagine it can get any hotter than it already has been.

There are a few positive things about the heat and sunshine. I've already golfed more this year than this time last year. My car is staying clean longer and with it being burnt to a crisp, I haven't had to cut the lawn in almost three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment