Saturday, October 12, 2013

Does The iPhone 5S Exist?

Did I imagine Apple's big announcement?

I seem to recall a day about a month ago when Apple announced the highly anticipated and newest edition of their popular iPhone series, the iPhone 5S.

My memory isn't always the best so I can't say for sure that it really took place but I seem to remember some very specific details of the event. The new iPhone was to have fingerprint security, a new operating system, faster processor, upgraded camera and I think it can also be used to make a phone call.

Oddly enough, I can also remember visiting my local Bell Mobility store and adding my name to the waiting list the day before the new phone was to be released for sale. I didn't even care what colour phone I got as long as it was the 16GB version.

That was three weeks ago and to this day I'm still waiting for a phone call to tell me my phone has arrived and I can finally upgrade from my current iPhone 4 which is quickly becoming obsolete thanks to all of the most recent app updates. Apple also seems hell bent on forcing me to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the latest iOS 7 which apparently doesn't really play well with these older phones. I'm glad I didn't upgrade it or I'd likely have no phone at all while Apple or Bell force me to play the waiting game.

So, who's to blame for this?

Did Apple underestimate the demand for the new phone and release it to the public prior to being able to meet that demand? Did they do this on purpose knowing their product is so good that consumers will gladly wait to eventually get their hands on it? Did Steve Jobs demise result in a company being left with no real leader capable of getting the job done properly?

Maybe Bell Mobility is to blame. Perhaps they failed to realize that so many of their customers would be ready to make the move to the newest trinket produced by Apple and their order country wide was woefully mismanaged. Or maybe I'm not bitching enough in person to the staff at my local Bell store and those that are complaining are actually getting the iPhone's that were meant for me.

Whatever the reason, I'm getting quite frustrated and I know for a fact that both Apple and Bell Mobility really couldn't give a rats ass about my frustration. They're both huge, successful companies and I'm just one meaningless individual who they know will gladly hand over my money to them once it finally becomes available. Maybe they're just holding off on sending it to me until just before Christmas and will give it to me as a present for free. Ya right, like that will happen. I'm sure I won't even see any kind of discount for being forced to wait this long.

UPDATE: Finally gave up waiting for Bell to give me a call and bought my new phone at Best Buy Oct. 25th. So far I love it. It's a huge jump from my old iPhone 4. I got the Gold one in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment