Monday, February 25, 2008

Clip of the Week - February 25/08

The 80th Annual Academy Awards were held last night and the big winner, which I predicted, was No Country For Old Men. They took home four awards including Best Picture.

Actually, I did fairly well overall this year with my annual picks, but I digress.

This year's show had a few memorable moments.

When host Jon Stewart brought Marketa Irglova back on stage after her fellow winner hogged the microphone during the acceptance speech for winning for Best Original Song, I thought that was a nice moment. She was given a chance to say her thank yous.

I think you'll also agree that anyone can make their dreams come true and this was quite evident when former stripper Diablo Cody won for Best Original Screenplay for the movie Juno.

I have to admit I was slightly surprised when The Bourne Ultimatum walked home with three Oscars. I liked the movie but I have to admit I didn't think Academy Award after seeing it.

As far as the host goes, I thought Stewart did a great job and I'd love to see him do it again next year. If you can't get Billy Crystal who is the best in recent memory then Stewart is the next best one for the duties.

I didn't have a clip from this year's show so I picked one of my favourite moments from 2000 Oscars where Robin Williams sang the Best Original Song nominated tune from South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. The song was Blame Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment