Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wild Winter Weather


Shelf Of Ice
Located at Presqu'ile Park in Brighton.
Enough already!

Maybe I've just been spoiled by the mostly mild winters of recent years but I am officially sick and tired of the snow and cold this season.

As I'm writing this, we are receiving our third major snowstorm in just a short period of time. It will be months before my back returns to normal and I return to pain free activities.

To be honest, other than having to shovel all of the snow that falls I really don't mind the white stuff. Snow is relatively harmless but after spending 3 hours trying to clear the driveway it loses it's charm.

I can handle the snow but what really bothers me is the cold weather. With temperatures the last two nights around minus 20 and wind chills of minus 30 or worse. It gets a tad bitter.

I work mostly nights and spend a lot of time outside so you can understand my discontent with the frigid conditions.

As you can imagine, my thoughts at this time of year are always of warmer summer days and driving with the sunroof and windows open on my car. Right now...they're all frozen shut so that's out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment