Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not So Mouth Watering

During my recent vacation I ate way too much fast food. It's easy to do when you're traveling for four long days. Then when you're out running errands or shopping and just need to take the hunger edge off, I just stop into a Mickey D's, Wendy's or Burger King and chow down on a burger, fries and pop.

I'm not a breakfast eater so when you hit the road at 4:30am and start to get the hunger pains around 7:30am but don't want to stop too long, the options are limited.

The one thing I did enjoy was the fact that some of the McDonald's locations in the U.S. have what's called the Steak, Egg & Cheese Bagel.

Of course I don't like egg so I'd order it without the rubber chicken extract. Plus removing the egg also reduces the calorie intake from the usual 660 calories of greasy goodness.

The breakfast sandwich has some kind of steak tasting square meaty looking patty, sauteed onions, cheese and the breakfast sauce. I don't know why they won't serve this on the breakfast menu in the Canadian restaurants but if they did I'd likely eat breakfast more often.


Eating on the fly at these fast food joints is quick and easy but of course it isn't the most healthy for you.

Not only does McDonald's have this breakfast steak miracle but apparently they've come out with a new burger that has people flocking to the restaurant for lunch and dinner. I haven't tried it myself yet and to be honest, after seeing the sign advertising it, I don't think it's something I'd find very appetizing. You can judge for yourself. Perhaps you're into eating this type of meal...and who am I to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment