Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Blahs

I don't know if it's the time of year or I'm just uninspired lately but I've been struggling to come up with ideas for blog postings.

Sure I could just do updates to my daily life but honestly, who wants to read that I went to work again, ate mashed potatoes and meatballs for supper and have been dealing with a nagging cold lately?

My life just isn't that exciting!

It doesn't help that the only time I seem to leave the house is to go to work. I come home and begin my exciting evenings of eating, watching TV or messing around on the computer before I go to bed to rest up for the exact same thing the following day.

My social life has disappeared. I used to get out on weeknights with buddies, go to hockey games, party on weekends and basically have fun. Now the only regular interaction I have with other humans is via Twitter, Facebook or Flickr.

Of course the time of year has a lot to do with it. I don't get out much in the winter. At least in the spring, summer and autumn I can go golfing, camping or get out in nature with my camera and take photos.

It's not that I don't like talking to people. Hell, for nearly 14 years I made a living by talking on the radio and going to events and dealing with the general public. But after that job ended I went into a shell and shut myself off from almost everyone except my family and a few other people. I hid from society without even being conscious of the decision.

The last six plus years have been tough on me in many ways after having a happy life turned upside down unexpectedly and I admit it hasn't gotten a lot better. But I'm still the same guy with the same social skills. I just need to take those skills out of mothballs and use them more.

As for being motivated to write more on this blog, I'll continue to come up with ideas and share my thoughts when I can get my brain lubricated a bit better. Anyone have some WD40 I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment