Friday, September 23, 2011

Come Closer, I Won't Bite


Come Closer, I Won't Bite
Originally uploaded by *Bundy*
I was driving on my way to my parents trailer for supper last night when I spotted this sucker slowly inching across the road.

Where he was coming from I have no idea but his destination was the marsh. At the rate he was going, he still had a lengthy trip ahead of him.

I pulled my car over to the side of the road and grabbed my camera. Several other cars slowed down to have a look and a few other folks got out and joined me for a look and this prehistoric looking fella.

This was one of the many images I captured of this snapping turtle. They're a fairly common site around these parts but I'd never actually stopped to photograph one. Usually I'm just trying to avoid hitting them and doing damage to the bottom of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment