Thursday, October 06, 2011

Camping Season Ends


Enjoying The Sunset
Originally uploaded by *Bundy*
On the final night of their camping season, I visited my parents at their trailer by Lake Ontario. Of course I was promised a tasty roast beef meal so I couldn't say no to that.

After supper I packed mom and dad into the car and took them for a drive through the park. Our hope was to see some deer but sadly there weren't any to be found. Thanks to the cull of the deer in the park a few years back, the numbers continue to be quite low and sightings are very rare compared to past years. Don't get me started on that though or we'll be here a long time.

Any-who, on the way back to the campsite and our last campfire of the season, the sun had set and left an amazing orange glow on the horizon. The sky was almost entirely void of clouds which normally wouldn't be my choice when it comes to photographing a sunset but I couldn't resist.

The folks got out of the car while I was snapping some shots and walked over to the shoreline. I moved in behind them and managed to capture a few images of them silhouetted against the orange horizon. I thought this one looked particularly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment