Saturday, May 11, 2013

Track Memories

On Friday I had the day off work and had the photography itch so I decided to grab my camera and head to a local high school track meet.

It was the Bay of Quinte Invitational with athletes from all across Eastern Ontario in attendance.

As a former Track & Field competitor from my high school days it brought back a lot of great memories from my days of spinning in the discus cage or launching the shot put as far as I could. Boy that was a long time ago.

While the competition was fun, the friendships I made and the good times had were what I remember the most.

Of course Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all of the rest of social media wasn't around when I competed and made friends so it was harder to keep in touch with those new friends or the girls I met to be more specific. Heck, we barely had computers when I was in school.

But it was always fun to see those people every Spring at the various meets and catch up. There are a few I still run into even today.

But I was there on this day to take photos of the action, even though I did run into some former schoolmates now teachers and even some old teachers as well.

I don't get to shoot sports very much but I really enjoy the challenge when the odd opportunity presents itself. I had the added pressure of worrying about the weather as the rain was on the way. Actually, overcast conditions are ideal for photography since you don't get the harsh shadows the sun produces.

Any way, I did manage to come away with some images I was pleased with including the one located above. If all goes well, I'm hoping to get to at least one more event before the track season ends to see what else I can capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment