Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Can't Believe My Luck

I'm not a mean person and I certainly don't wish bad luck on anybody but sometimes things just happen and while it's a sad event for some, it's a happy event for others.

For example, there's a woman I've had an eye on for quite some time and although she's quite unattainable, there's still that hope that maybe we could get together. My odds, while slim, have improved with this news about Reese Witherspoon.

In case you hadn't heard, actors Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have separated after seven years of marriage. "We are saddened to announce that Reese and Ryan have decided to formally separate," publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. Witherspoon, 30, and Phillippe, 32, have two children, daughter Ava, 7, and son Deacon, 3. The two married shortly after appearing in the 1999 film Cruel Intentions.

Of course I would never wish this on any couple, especially when there are kids involved but this is Reese 'frickin' Witherspoon we're talking about here and what's done is done. I've had a thing for her ever since I saw her in the 1996 movie "Fear". I hated Mark Whalberg after that movie because he got to spend all that time with her the lucky SOB. Ok, I don't hate him but he was still lucky.



I also loved the movie "Pleasantville" but with Reese in it, that made the movie just that much more enjoyable. Of course the most recent movie of hers that I watched was "Walk The Line" about Johnny Cash where she played June Carter. Awesome acting and that's why she won the Oscar.

Now before you start thinking I'm obsessed with this woman, keep in mind she's on my "list". All men have a list, even the married one's and if they say they don't then they're lying. The list isn't long but it contains the names of a few ladies we'd give up our right leg to be with. For me, Reese is at the top of my list.

I realize the chances of Reese and I hooking up are slim to none but there's always that hope and that's why we keep our list until the day we die. Besides, if it doesn't work out with Reese, I can always keep trying to hook up with number two on my list...Jennifer Love Hewitt. It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment