Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Goodbye Wahoo's

Last night the city of Trenton lost one of it's more popular restaurants...The Wahoo Cafe burned to the ground.

Located in downtown Trenton along the Trent River, the restaurant with its outside patio was a nice place to have a beer on hot summer day and it had the nicest outside patio for enjoying a meal.

At night it was also a popular place for people to gather upstairs in the bar for karaoke or conversation.

One can only hope that it will be built bigger and better than ever before too long.

Here's a video that was shot as the bar burned to the ground.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 am

    That's a damn shame. I have a bottle of their JD BBQ sauce in my fridge right now. Best wings in the Quinte area (that I've tasted). There's a Wahoo on Dundas St. in Belleville. I've never been there. Hopefully, their food is as good. It won't match the stunning location of the Trenton restaurant though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:10 am

    With my cousin working there at the time I can say I was very concerned. Thankfully everyone got out fine. A loss to Trenton for sure but I am confident they will rebuild, bigger and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:12 am

    FRED VANLINGEN LEFT LAST COMMENT

    ReplyDelete