Monday, May 28, 2007

Rock and Roll

Since my last entry was a bit more political and serious than I normally am, I thought I'd share some more entertaining stuff with you.

I love music! That's probably the number one reason why I once found myself working in the radio business, so I could feel like I was part of the industry in some small way.

Here now are a couple of interesting videos.

First...one of my favourite bands is Van Halen and I've been lucky enough to see them live in concert three times. This video was actually shot at one of the concerts I attended in 1995 at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto during the CNE. Here are the boys singing "Jump".


And the second video is from, in my opinion, the best concert ever held...Live Aid in 1985. At the age of 16 I sat down in front of the TV early in the morning on July 13, 1985 to see the concert begin at Wembley Stadium in London and didn't stop watching until it ended late in the evening at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. It features my all-time favourite band U2 and the performance that catapulted them to instant world wide fame. This is their performance of the song "Bad".

No comments:

Post a Comment