Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tower Of Terror

I can recall as a young boy going to a baseball game in Toronto at the old Exhibition Stadium.

I don't recall who the Blue Jays were playing that day but my most vivid memory is of dad and I sitting in our seats just up from third base enjoying the game and hoping they'd get it in before an approaching storm arrived.

We sat there and soon the game became secondary as we had a perfect view of the CN Tower and watched intently as numerous bolts of lightning struck the top of the tower over and over again. It was quite amazing to watch.

I don't think the game was called and they were able to complete it but for most fans in attendance, the light show to the East was much more entertaining.

As and example of what we saw, here's a video of a different storm with similar results as the lightning was drawn to the top of the tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment