Sunday, March 09, 2008

Another Winter Wallop - Part Deux

If anyone needs me I'll be at the hospital to have a backindectimy. That's where they replace my worn out back from shoveling with a new one. It's amazing what they can do these days.

Well, we survived the Monster Storm of '08 or whatever they're calling this one.

I don't know how much snow we ended up with but after several hours of hard work, the driveway is clear, the walkway is bare and the snowbanks are over my head in some places.

The blizzard started in the evening on Saturday and lasted until the morning and in its wake it left us with one of the biggest single day dumpings we've had in history. I still haven't heard what the local total was but it was a lot.

The city snowplow cleared our road but the side streets weren't done and cars were left stranded during the storm as they couldn't get down their roads. Even today as we shoveled, cars were still getting stuck. It was a mess.

While the worst is over for now, I live in fear. The sidewalk on our street is still filled in and at some point when we least expect it, the sidewalk plow will come along and push all of that snow back into the driveway. Curse you sidewalk guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment