Saturday, March 08, 2008

Another Winter Wallop

I'm sick! Sick and tired of winter that is.

I'm not a winter person to begin with but this winter it has been one storm after another here in Ontario and we are currently in the midst of the latest and likely the worst one yet this season.

I just came in from shoveling the yard for the second time this evening and the worst part of the storm doesn't even arrive for another 12 hours or so. I'd say we've had 6-8 inches (15-20 cm) already and when it's all done on Saturday night we could have anywhere from 14-20 inches (35-50 cm) total. I'm predicting the 35cm's since we usually get less then what they predict. Of course with my luck...

And as if that isn't bad enough, you have to remember we already have a foot or more on the ground from previous storms. To make matters even worse, the snow has been quite wet which makes it heavier and harder to move.

Along with the snow on Saturday the forecasters are saying we could see strong winds which means possible blizzard conditions and drifting. The news just keeps getting better doesn't it?

Someone please tell me where that damn groundhog is so I can make rodent fricassee.

Winter has to end soon right? I guess technically it does later this month but it's likely there will still be plenty of snow on the ground when it arrives and with my luck...even more to fall. I guess there's no rush to put my golf clubs in the trunk of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment