Monday, June 23, 2008

R.I.P. George

I already had my clip of the week up when I just learned of the passing of one of my favourite Comedians of all time.

Legendary funnyman George Carlin has died of heart failure at a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif.

Carlin went into St. John's Health Center on Sunday afternoon, complaining of chest pain. He died a short time later. He was 71. Carlin, who had a history of heart trouble, performed as recently as last weekend in Las Vegas.

The dean of counterculture comedians, Carlin constantly pushed the envelop with his jokes, particularly with a routine called "The Seven Words You Can't Say On TV." When Carlin uttered all seven at a show in Milwaukee in 1972, he was arrested for disturbing the peace.

Carlin was one of a kind and I'm sure Richard Pryor was waiting for him at the entrance to Heaven.

I was tempted to post a clip of George doing his "7 Dirty Words" routine but figured I'd better go with something a little less controversial. So, here he is discussing the differences between Football and Baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment