Thursday, August 07, 2008

PETA Ad Shockingly Insensitive

I always knew the people behind the organization PETA or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were a little odd or extreme when it came to getting a point across. Sure I thought the throwing of animal blood or red paint on people wearing fur coats was over the top but it pales in comparison to their latest idea.

Before I begin my bashing of PETA, let me say that I actually supported their efforts in the past. I never donated money or attended any fundraisers but as an animal lover I commended their efforts to make sure animals are looked after. And if I’m being totally honest…I actually hate cats but I certainly wouldn’t want to see any killed or hurt. I’d just never own one.

Now that you know where I once stood it’s time for me to tell you why I now think the people in charge of PETA are a bunch of insensitive morons who make eating sewer rats seem more appealing than supporting their cause.

Allow me to bring you up to speed in case you hadn’t heard.

I’m sure you’re all aware of the terrible incident recently that happened on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba where an unprovoked attacker killed and decapitated a young man. This shocking story is still fresh in everyone’s minds so the dip-shits at PETA tried to capitalize on this story to further their organizations agenda by running a newspaper ad comparing the beheading to animal rights abuses. The PETA website said they would run the ad in the Portage la Prairie Daily Graphic, however the paper has no intention of running the ad. At least someone has a brain.

PETA tried to compare the use of imagery of “an innocent victim’s throat being cut in reference to the slaughter of cows, chickens and pigs on factory farms.”

The ad reads, “His struggles and cries are ignored…the man with the knife shows no emotion…the victim is slaughtered and his head cut off…his flesh is eaten”, reads the ad which is posted on their website.

“If this ad leaves a bad taste in your mouth, please give a thought to what sensitive animals think and feel when they come to the end of their frightening journey and see, hear and smell the slaughterhouse.”

“Like human victims, animals in slaughterhouses experience terror when they are attacked by a knife-wielding assailant,” said Lindsay Rajt of PETA in a news release. “We are challenging everyone who is rightly horrified by this crime to look into their hearts and consider leaving violence off their dinner plates.”

Rajt said the ad was intended to be shocking and is meant to spur people to think about the terror and pain experienced by animals who are raised and killed for food.

Well you know what Lindsay…you and the marketing dorks who concocted this brain dead idea should be fired for using a tragedy such as this for your own disgusting advantage. I don’t give a rat’s ass what your intentions were, the way you went about it is a travesty and 100% disrespectful to the victim, his family and his friends.

Did PETA come out with an ad after 9/11 comparing the loss of 3000 innocent lives to the daily loss of cattle in a slaughterhouse? Of course not because they knew they’d have their asses handed to them on a turkey platter. Why not pull out the big guns and think of a way to use the holocaust to your advantage you sick SOB’s? The fact that there was only one human life lost in this case doesn’t make your ad any less disrespectful.

I think I’ll be starting my own group to offset your lame excuse for an organization. I’ll call it PETA…People for Eating Tasty Animals. How on earth you can compare a human life to that of a cow or a pig is beyond me?

Your classless association has sunk to the level where only scum and chicken excrement can be found. You have succeeded in one thing and that is to make me go out and buy a fur coat and a raccoon hat for this upcoming winter. I think I’ll also discuss your stupidity with friends over a thick and juicy steak or big piece of prime rib. Heck, I might even offer to slaughter my friends beef cows for him and send PETA the pictures of me smiling.

If all they were looking for is publicity then they are sure going to receive that but I can’t say it will be positive. I suppose even bad publicity raises awareness to an organization and their cause no matter how sick or insensitive they are. I just hope the few smart people that they must have working for or supporting them will release an apology to the victim’s family. It’s the very least they should do.

There is no way that I could ever support or respect this organization ever again as they’ve proven they have no ethics.

You can click the image below to see the stupid ad larger.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:15 pm

    I couldn't agree with you more. When did the feelings of animals become more important than those of humans?

    Never again will I support their efforts.

    ReplyDelete