Monday, September 08, 2008

Clip of the Week - September 8/08

This Thursday marks the 7th Anniversary of one of the most horrific and unbelievable days of my generation.

Like the generations before me, I've seen wars and acts of hatred toward our fellow man but I think the attack of September 11, 2001 was a clear reminder of how much hatred really exists in this world.

I'm sure many people would like to forget that day and move on, hoping that something like that will never happen again or perhaps pretend that it never happened in the first place. I think that is the worst thing we can do.

Although evil acts like this may be beyond our control, we need to always be aware that someone or some group is always out there thinking of ways to attack freedom and take innocent lives.

I will always remember that day, what I was thinking and how I felt as those cowards took the lives of thousands of innocent people who's only mistake was to begin their day like everyone else in a free society.

Below you will find a few clips of a documentary of the day which interviews the Mayor of New York and used amateur video that every day citizens took. I realize you may not want to watch all of it, or any for that matter but I think it's important not to forget what took place. If you are easily upset then I want to make it clear that some images will be difficult for you to view. There is also strong language that may be found offensive but certainly captures the emotions of this emotional day.


Part One


Part Two


Part 3


Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment