Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Ballad of Carl Edwards

I'm not what you would consider a BIG Nascar fan. I enjoy watching it from time to time and I was a Dale Earnhardt fan many years ago because I loved how he raced but I certainly don't plan my schedule around race season.

One of my favourite movies of all-time was about Nascar and that would be Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

At the end of that movie, Ricky Bobby and his nemesis Jean Girard crash on the final lap at Talladega. They get out of their cars and sprint by foot to the finish line to declare the winner.

That movie came out in 2006 and just three years later at the same track in real life, Carl Edwards was able to crawl out of his wrecked car after a spectacular crash on the last lap in today's race and did his best Ricky Bobby impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment