Sunday, November 08, 2009

Photo Recognition

For the second year in a row I have received an Honourable Mention in the photo contest run by the city I live in.

I don't really enter the contest expecting to win or even do well. I usually enter as a way to sort of legitimize my photography hobby.

I take a lot of photos throughout the year and never really do much with them so it's nice to enter the odd contest just to make owning all of the expensive equipment worthwhile. I usually take photos and edit them to please myself but it's nice to see others might enjoy my work as well.

I have to attend a council meeting at City Hall on November 16th to receive my prize. Congratulations to everyone else who had their photos selected.

This is the photo of mine that they seemed to like the most. It's an old church built in the 1870's that has been restored and turned into a meeting hall.

Old Church Theatre
Copyright 2009 Mark Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment