Sunday, August 29, 2010

Space Station Flies By

Earlier tonight I was visiting my parents at their trailer by Lake Ontario. It was a gorgeous evening for a campfire by the lake.

I had my iPod Touch with me and as a night sky watcher, I also had my Satellite Flybys App installed and handy. It's a cool little gadget that gives you the times that the ISS and other old rockets and space stuff will be flying over your area.

So knowing that the space station would be passing by, I set up my camera on a tripod and waited for it to appear.

Below you will see the results of my effort. Obviously the streaking light is the space station. In the first you can see it passing through the Big Dipper and in the second it is moving away from me. Both photos were 30 second exposures.

I thought you might find them interesting so I figured I'd share them with you.


ISS and Big Dipper

Space Station Goes By

1 comment:

  1. Bill S.10:16 am

    Nice shots. Reminds me of the time we were sitting around the camp fire with you and your parents watching the space station "zoom" through the sky. You had told us that it would be visible for our location.

    ReplyDelete