Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Final Shuttle Launch

Being a huge fan of the American Space Shuttle program I will be sad to see the final vehicle lift-off this Friday (weather permitting).

I have followed the program from the very beginning and ridden along with the high's and lows. It will be the end of an amazing era and I'm happy I was around to see it.

My hope is that when Atlantis completes STS-135 I will once again in my lifetime see NASA continue manned space flight in the future.

The American economy is not as strong as it once was so I can understand cuts being made but when you consider all of the amazing advancements that have come from efforts to get man into space, it has certainly been an expensive although necessary success.

I wish a safe and exciting flight to the final Space Shuttle Program astronauts.

No comments:

Post a Comment