Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Day Frozen Marsh


Frozen Marsh (B&W)
Originally uploaded by *Bundy*
Happy New Year!!!

I didn't stay up too late last night but did manage to see 2012 arrive. I wasn't long going to bed after though. I rang in the New Year watching CNN of all things. Actually, Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin were quite entertaining.

Once I got organized today I decided to grab my camera and head out to get my first images of 2012. I had good intentions but Mother Nature had other plans. Instead of the usual cold and snowy weather we should be getting this time of year, I ventured out into mild and rainy conditions.

But I couldn't come home without something. I didn't take as many photos last year as I would have liked and even though I don't make resolutions, I am hoping to be a bit more active with the photography hobby.

Just when I thought I'd give up, I pulled my car up to an area near Brighton Bay and spotted a couple of swans napping on the thin ice. They didn't cooperate either but I spotted this scene you see here that I thought would make for an interesting subject. I think it works really well as a black & white image.

So, 2012 is off and running and so is another year of looking through the lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment