Sunday, April 01, 2012

Holy Editing Batman!


Sunset Romance
Originally uploaded by *Bundy*
I had a great time on my vacation and yes it was nice to get home and slowly get back into the regular routine again but I have a lot of work ahead of me.

As a photography hobbyist I managed to snap more than my fair share of photos during my three week stay Florida.

Twenty years ago I would have taken my camera and maybe shot two or three rolls of film sparingly. With the arrival of digital and the larger memory cards, I now tend to be less picky and more clicky.

I haven't added up the total number of photos I took but I spent five hours yesterday in front of the computer working in Photoshop and I don't think I'm even halfway done.

Of course I enjoy the editing process when I'm working on photos that I really want to look their best and the way I envisioned but on this particular trip I snapped a whole bunch of family photos which I tend to spend less time fussing over. That doesn't mean I don't do some light editing to make them pop a bit more.

I got a bit lazy at one point and created a "Action" in Photoshop CS5 that I could just click on and it would make all of the basic edits for me in just a second or two but even then I found myself not being totally satisfied with the results of some and having to go back and rework them.

The process is ongoing and luckily it's raining and cold today so I don't have any excuses to go outside and will likely spend more time today on it.

The photo I've included here was taken at Holmes Beach near Bradenton, Florida looking out at the sun setting on the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know who the couple is as I just found them sitting on the beach enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment