Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Heavenly Light


Scanning Aliens
Originally uploaded by Bundy68
This past weekend I managed to get out with my camera and take a few photos.

A storm front was moving in and I was hoping to get a few photos before the rain arrived. I was just heading out from my parents campsite when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the sun poking through the clouds. I pulled the car over and when I walked down by the lake and looked back I was amazed at what I saw.

As you can see in my photo, the sun was breaking through the clouds in two spots. The contrast of the bright sun with the dark clouds was kind of impressive I thought. It almost looked as though an alien spacecraft was just above the clouds and it was scanning the earth below. Maybe I've just seen too many science fiction movies.

You can check out more of my photos by clicking the link in the right column.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:36 pm

    Mark,
    Great Blog this time. Beautiful picture as well. I really like the streakers video. The West really know how to put on a show when it comes to CFL Football. I'm a big Bomber fan. It started when I was a kid living in Winnipeg at the time and never changed. Although I disagree with you on the death penalty (I beleive it was Alabama who abolished the death penalty because they were killing too many innocent victims) Bin Laden may be a special case though. They have no morales and kill innocent people like you said. The results of 9/11 are also devastating to the people of Iraq and Afganistan. Wouldn't it be nice if in the words of Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks when he says to the aliens "Can't we all just, get along?"
    Peace on Earth - unfortunately not in my lifetime.
    John Thompson

    ReplyDelete