Monday, April 21, 2008

Clip of the Week - April 21/08

The hockey playoffs are here and of course that means despite the much nicer weather outside, I will of course be planted in front of the TV watching hockey for the next month and a half.

Mind you, I'll likely lose some interest if my Montreal Canadiens are ever eliminated as it's always more fun when you have a team to cheer for.

Earlier tonight I was doing plenty of cheering as the Habs avoided elimination in Game 7 of the East Conference Quarter-Final against the Boston Bruins.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but once the game started I could sense that the Canadiens were in full control and were not going to disappoint their fans.

In the end Montreal left no doubt who the better team was as they cruised to a 5-0 victory and advanced to the second round of the playoffs.

The only disappointment followed the game when some brain dead idiotic "fans" decided to cause trouble and riot in downtown Montreal by burning police cars and looting. How is that a celebration?

I can recall back in 1993 I was in Toronto when the Blue Jays won their second World Series and there were several hundred thousand people crammed onto Younge Street and it was a very peaceful celebration. Everyone was hugging and kissing and cheering and just having a good time. The police were present but they only had to sit back and watch or maybe deal with a few idiots but nobody felt the need to do damage or cause trouble.


Any way, here are the highlights from Game 7 for you to enjoy...especially the Toronto and Ottawa fans. Sorry, I couldn't resist rubbing it in a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment