Monday, April 28, 2008

Clip of the Week - April 28/08

I wouldn't say that I "hate" television today but it just doesn't seem to be as good as when I was a kid.

Sure the special effects and quality are better but the shows seem to lack something that the shows in the 70's had.

Maybe it's just that there's too many "reality based" shows now. I don't mind Survivor or Amazing Race but every time I turn the TV on, somebody I've never heard of is either trying to lose weight, win a singing competition or some has been celebrity has a television crew in their home.

As for scripted shows today, among the few I watch are LOST, Law & Order and The Office. I'll also watch a few cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy but I don't really count those.

Growing up I can recall lots of quality programs that may have lacked the polish by today's standards but were very entertaining and you actually planned to be home to watch.

Among the programs I grew up with and loved were M*A*S*H, Happy Days, All In The Family and Fantasy Island.

But the three shows I enjoyed the most can be found in these clips.

1.


2.


3.

No comments:

Post a Comment