Tuesday, July 22, 2008

She See's Me Doesn't She?

So I'm sitting in the line to get gas on Saturday and we all know how exciting that is. Who doesn't love spending 50 bucks for half a tank?

Any way, I'm sitting there for about 45 seconds waiting for the guy ahead of me to finish when all of a sudden I notice some movement to my right. Sure enough, here's a woman in a small Chrysler product backing out of a parking spot.

Seeing that I'm only 5 feet away from her she has to see me in at least one of her mirrors doesn't she? At the very least she has taken a peek over her shoulder to see if any kids, people or cars are directly behind her that will prohibit her from leaving her parking spot immediately, right?

NOPE!

It wasn't until she put the back end of her car into the side of mine and came to a sudden stop that the realization came to her that she probably should have taken at least a quick gander to determine if someone might be in her path of travel.

"Oh I didn't even see you there", she says to me after we exit our cars. I'm doing my best to not be a hot head and to deal with her in as pleasant a manner as possible. I don't know if my grinding teeth were audible to her or not.

The gray-haired woman was obviously upset and embarrassed by the circumstances and was somewhat apologetic. I think she was in more disbelief than I was. Hmmm...I got hit by a woman driver...shocking.

Luckily the damage wasn't so severe to keep me from using my chariot. I think her car stopped when it hit my front right tire and that helped to limit the damage to the fender which is no longer aerodynamically shaped. The dents were quite obvious and my anger was still in check.

We exchanged insurance information and I bid her a good day. I finally got my gas and pulled away from the pump and stopped briefly in the parking lot well away from any listening ears and proceeded to vent my anger to myself. It was only a verbal venting and the tongue lashing I would have liked to have given her was only heard by the victim in this whole affair.

So now I have to make plans to get my car repaired during my vacation in August. Not exactly my idea of a fun time. I can only hope the woman who hit me gets nailed by her insurance company for being so stupid and irresponsible and that perhaps she'll remember the mirrors in her car serve a purpose other than for checking her make-up.

(True Story)

No comments:

Post a Comment