Thursday, December 18, 2008

God Bless Us Everyone

I think I say this every year but, "Where has the time gone?"

To find ourselves on the brink of another Christmas is something I just can't come to grips with as it feels like the year only just begun. However I guess it's true, as you get older, the years just fly by and roll one into another. I suppose all we can do is make the most of the present and not worry about the past or fear the future.

This has been my busiest year on the blog with more posts than ever before. I hope to keep that pace next year but only time will tell.

As this is such a busy time of year, I would just like to take this opportunity to wish all of my family, friends and blog visitors all the best for a Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year in 2009.

Have a safe holiday season.

Christmas Long Ago
A Christmas Poem by Jo Geis

Frosty days and ice-still nights,
Fir trees trimmed with tiny lights,
Sound of sleigh bells in the snow,
That was Christmas long ago.

Tykes on sleds and shouts of glee,
Icy-window filigree,
Sugarplums and candle glow,
Part of Christmas long ago.

Footsteps stealthy on the stair,
Sweet-voiced carols in the air,
Stocking hanging in a row,
Tell of Christmas long ago.

Starry nights so still and blue,
Good friends calling out to you,
Life, so fact, will always slow...
For dreams of Christmas long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment