Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heroes Return Home

This afternoon on a cold December day, I joined thousands of my fellow Canadians between Trenton, Ontario and Toronto, as we showed our support and said thank you to the latest three Canadian soldiers to die in Afghanistan.

The vantage point I chose was in Trenton at the on-ramp to Highway 401 which is also now known as the Highway of Heroes in honour of the fighting men and women who have given their lives in defense of our country.

The mood was somber and friendly. The consensus of those I spoke with was that we hope we'll never have to do this again, but should the need arise, we will be there to show our support.

Here are a few quick photos I took as the procession went by. You can click on the photos to see them larger.

Entering Highway of Heroes

Saluting The Families

Soldiers Return Home

No comments:

Post a Comment