Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fox News Disrespects Canadians

Just one day prior to the repatriation of four more brave members of the Canadian military in Trenton, Ontario I was left shaking my head in disbelief with my mouth hanging open in shock after viewing something unbelievable.

Please have a look at this video before reading any further.

Now Fox News has never been considered a "real source" for reliable news or insight by anyone with half a brain. They are the 'Animal House' of the real news Fraternities. While the real frats are out researching and gathering reliable information, Fox News is holding a toga party and hoping nobody will notice just what a mess they really are.

As you saw, the segment in question comes from a late night program called "Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld". Now I'll be the first to admit I've never seen the program before so I can't comment on whether it's a comedy show or if these morons are actually serious with their views. No matter what the premise of the show is, perhaps they should have thought about how a grieving family of a Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan might view this discussion.

Fox News would have been better served by just showing a test pattern rather then airing something like this which blatantly shows the ignorance of their employees. With the four bodies returning to Trenton on Monday, the total number of Canadians killed in Afghanistan now stands at 116. How many have been injured is unknown but the sacrifice made by Canadians is not something that should be laughed at or made light of.

The most recent four deaths and eight more injuries occurred as the Canadians were working with U.S. troops to attack and disrupt Taliban command centres and supply lines. If these Fox commentators think it's a laughing matter then perhaps they should pick up a weapon and hop on the next flight into the warzone and see what is really going on. I'm guessing it wouldn't take long for the smiles to be erased.

I'm not so naïve to believe that the comments made by a group of imbeciles on a wannabe American news network speaks for all of our neighbours to the south, but it's scary to think that some people actually might believe the nonsense these mouth breathers are actually spewing.

I invite Mr. Gutfeld and his fellow manure throwers to have a look at this photo below that I took following the return of three of our Canadian heroes from Afghanistan and tell me what's so funny about that?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 pm

    Always enjoy your blogs and was reading the recent one about comments made on the Fox Network (or Fox Noise as MSNBC calls it)....since I have retired I have become addicted to Cable News and have learned a lot about just how these stations work....FOX is a true Republican Station (very conservative) while MSNBC (which I watch) is Democratic (very liberal) and they are at each others throats all of the time while on air....the Republicans still have not gotten over their loss in the election and are so anti Obama...the things said on both Fox and MSNBC, we would never be allowed to say....I switch from station to station because it really is the best comedy on air until Fox starts with the Canadian slams which are many...the worst are (Fox) Bill O'Reilley, Sean Hannity and on radio, these two again plus Mark Levine, Rush Limbaugh.....I am amazed that they can get away with what they are doing...there is currently some talk now about bringing in a "fairness act" in broadcasting which of course, the Republicans blame the Dems for...as for the programme you saw, I seldom watch it as it makes no sense to me but I did happen to see the one you have mentioned and like you, I was appalled. (I see where an apology has been made but this is but one apology they have made so far this year usually about getting their facts wrong). It is all a ratings game which they brag about but the mentioned show is made up mostly of FOX second stringers with the odd guest thrown in.....just had to get this off my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 pm

    What you said about Fox is well put. That Fox network is a real low-life network. I don't even put them on the list of TV stations that we can receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 pm

    OK so WOW those four make the rest of the educated US population look like bad. I'm sure upon further testing you would see that there is a squishy gelatinous pudding like blob where their brains should be! I cant believe they had the balls to say such things. They obviously know nothing about Canada or the world for that matter this is like video you sent us with the mount Rushmore questions all over again.

    ReplyDelete