Monday, March 30, 2009

I Stink At Golf & Tiger Doesn't

I love playing golf but I'll be the first to admit I suck at it. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything...I truly stink. But, I can't stop playing it as I enjoy it too much. Golfing with friends and taking part in fun tournaments make it most enjoyable to me. My score is most often the last thing on my mind.

To put it in perspective, I'm as bad at golf as Tiger Woods is good at golf. He really is something to watch and the worst part of watching him play on TV is having to listen to the commentators and how they love him so much and how wonderful he is.

I'm not saying he isn't the best golfer in the world because it's impossible to argue that. He has an amazing ability to play and he thrives on pressure situations. He is a true professional. But having to listen to the nauseating drivel spewing forth from the mouth's of guys like Jim Nantz and most annoyingly Johnny Miller makes it tough to watch. I swear if Miller thought he had a chance to sleep with Tiger he'd have his pants off quicker than I can hook a ball out of play.

I enjoy watching Woods play but the television coverage goes a little overboard. As an example, I was watching the final round on Sunday afternoon and evening and there were several groups still finishing out their rounds with Tiger in the final group. I'm sure there were other players hitting shots on the last few holes but rather than showing us those guys live, we were forced to watch Tiger walking with his caddy down the fairway to his next shot. After watching this riveting display I came to the conclusion that I can walk almost as well as Tiger can so that's something. Do we really need to see him that much? Wait until he's walking up to the 18th green before you show that crap.

My point is the Tiger Woods Love-In goes a little overboard at times. I think he's great to watch and is extremely gifted but he should keep his distance from Johnny Miller or he might have to clean the drool off his shoes.

Having said all of that, Tiger did it again on Sunday by winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational in dramatic style on the 72nd hole with a long birdie putt for the win. It was quite exciting to watch and if you missed it, here it is for you to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment