Monday, March 29, 2010

Jim Playfair...Newest Hulkamanic

I don't know if Jim Playfair grew up as a fan of Hulk Hogan and the WWF but he certainly gave that impression on Saturday night.

Playfair, the Coach of the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League lost control when one of his players was kicked out of the game against the Hamilton Bulldogs by Referee Jamie Koharski for charging the opposing team's goaltender.

Playfair was given a 10-minute game misconduct, kicked out of the game and fined an undisclosed amount by the AHL.

Koharski is the son of retired NHL official Don Koharski, who was involved in one of the NHL's most infamous tirades. In 1988, Devils coach Jim Schoenfeld called Koharski a "fat pig" and told him to "have another doughnut."

Have a look at the video evidence below and I think you'll agree that all of the Hulkamanics would be proud of Playfair.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Bundy - I had no idea you were a blogger, and since 2005. I'm enjoying very much!

    I've been absent from blogging for some time, but lately I've been thinking about starting up again...or maybe I'll start a new blog.

    At any rate, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle.

    It's just something I started as a creative outlet after my departure from the radio biz. I've enjoyed it and my updates can be frequent or not too often but I try and do four or five per month if possible...sometimes more.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete