Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King Of Pop Is Dead

Shock, disbelief, sadness.

These are three of the words that came mind to describe what went through my mind earlier this evening when I was informed that Michael Jackson had passed away.


I can't add much more to all of the comments and reports heard tonight on news channels about his career, change in appearance over the years and legal issues. It's all be talked about ad nauseum.

From a personal stand point I can say that I have no problem putting aside all of the controversy that surrounded him over the years. To me, he was a musical and entertainment genius. Quite simply he was the Elvis Presley of my generation. I am proud to admit I was, am and always will be a Michael Jackson fan.

You may disagree but when I think of true musical legends and icons, three names come to mind...Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.


From wearing the single sequined glove to the first time we saw him moonwalk in 1983 during the Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean, he was one of a kind.

Here are the two music videos from Jackson and the legendary Thriller album that I believe changed pop music forever.

Billie Jean



Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment