Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Women Drivers...Lord Help Us!

If the title of this posting hasn't peeved off all of the women reading already then what I have to say next might just do the trick.

I hate women drivers!

OK guys, it's just us left now.

I love women for everything else (that I can think of) but the fact remains, in my experience, they are the worst drivers on the road. The only thing worse than a woman driver is senior citizen women drivers. Sorry mom.

I was reading elsewhere that statistically, women are lower insurance risks than men. I think this stat was calculated in 1957 because there are probably five times as many women on the roads now than there were when they came up with that load of B.S.

Boy, I'm really digging a hole here. I haven't had time for a good posting or rant in a while and now I'm going to have all of the lovely ladies looking to force me off the road...if they haven't already.

Of course I'm not just saying this to get a rise out of people. I'm only telling you what I've experienced while out on the roads.

Before I go any further I'll admit I have a bit of a lead foot at times but I usually only speed by 5 or 10 kilometres at most and never in a residential area...only on main highways. Aside from that I consider myself to be among the cream of the vehicular crop.

So the real question you're probably asking is, "what has made me feel this way?"

Where do I begin?

I could name dozens of examples but I'll try and keep this short.

Let me start with the basics...

Mirrors...Believe it or not ladies, the mirrors on your car are not there for decoration or for checking your make-up...especially when you're traveling at 90 km/h. The mirrors are there to assist you when backing up or changing lanes. It was quite obvious that the woman who backed out of her parking spot into the side of my car last summer failed to use the mirrors or she would have easily seen me. Luckily her insurance company took care of removing the dents in my fender. I was fuming on the inside but being the gentle soul I am I kept my composure and was polite. No doubt her ears were ringing after she left though.

Speeding...It is a well known fact and no woman can argue this point, the ladies love to put the pedal to the metal. I have family members who drive that way and they'll even agree with me that women have a need for speed. I would say easily 8 times out of 10 when I'm driving on the 401 it's a woman who will pass me. I'm 10 km/h over and they go by me like I'm standing still. The only way they'll get caught is if a female cop is on the road driving even faster.

Cell Phones...This is not an accessory to be worn against your ear non-stop. Believe it or not you have to pay attention to your driving for a little bit of the trip. I used to think the yet to arrive cell phone ban in Ontario would be a bad thing but after witnessing how some of these women drive while chatting or texting I don't think it can happen soon enough.


Tailgating...Just yesterday I was driving along nicely with no cars around me...or so I thought. This woman comes flying up behind me and I'm sure if I'd popped the trunk she would have driven right in. She couldn't have been more than three feet away from my bumper and we were doing at least 85 km/h. It's safe to say this "woman" never would have had a chance if I had to jam on the brakes for some reason. Once she was able to get by me she proceeded to slalom in and out of traffic without signaling once. But I'm sure it was worth it to nearly cause six accidents just so she could get to her destination 2 minutes sooner.


There are so many other things...like driving in the passing lane, not pulling into the turning lane before slowing down to make their turn, moving the car to the left (almost into the oncoming lane) before turning right like they're driving a tractor trailer and burning my retinas because they have to have the high beam headlights on all the time.

I could go on but honestly, what's the point since these women are going to continue being bad drivers because in their fantasy world they're all Danica Patrick.


Now for those of you thinking that men will do all or most of these things as well I will agree. It just doesn't happen as often or to the point that I fear for my life.


Safe driving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I guess we all have our categories for our peeves, yours being women drivers. But to be rightfully placed, women drivers are not the only categories on the road. Examples could be: men, teens, old, inexperienced, women, babes, blondes, soccer moms, jocks, speedsters, druggies, hippies, cell phone users and texters, Sunday drivers, blind, karaoke, party animals, road rages, road hogs, truckers, campers, rednecks, and the a—holes in general. Although your post is your opinion and you seem to really notice women on the road, you also fit into a category and someone is bitching about you too….anyway keep on venting….and thanks for your honesty and wit…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Amber and you are absolutely correct. There are bad drives of all kinds, shapes, sizes, etc.

    It just seems lately that every time I see someone make a bad move or do something stupid behind the wheel of a vehicle, I'll say to myself "I bet that's a woman" and I'm usually right. It's not like I want it to be a bad woman driver, it just works out that way.

    So while there are bad drivers of all kinds, lately the women of all ages have been driving me insane and left me fearing for my life. Take care.

    ReplyDelete