Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stanley Cup Final Going Seven

I don't care for the Detroit Red Wings and the Pittsburgh Penguins don't really excite my athletic supporter but I for one have enjoyed the NHL Stanley Cup Final between these two teams.

Sure I'd rather see my Montreal Canadiens there, and to be honest I don't expect to see them there any time soon, but if my favourite team can't win "The Cup" then all I can hope for is some good, exciting, physical hockey and these two teams have delivered.

So I am actually pumped to see this series go the full seven games. I guess if I have to choose a team to cheer for I'd probably pick the flightless birds since the Wings won last year. Actually, once my Habs were out and I knew Ovechkin wasn't going to win, I stopped cheering for any one particular team.

As I've stated in the past I haven't been impressed by the officiating through these playoffs but I think they've done a better job in the finals.

So make sure your popcorn is popped, put on your loudest Don Cherry jacket, get the beverages on ice and tune your TV to Hockey Night in Canada because Friday night we are in for one heck of a finish.

To help get you in the mood (if you're Canadian that shouldn't take much) here are some highlights from Game Six. Sadly these are the NBC highlights so I apologize in advance for subjecting you to any comments made by the always annoying Pierre McGuire. I can't stand listening to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment