Thursday, July 23, 2009

This Summer Stinks

I don't really have anything to say other than how much I have disliked the weather this summer.

The rain has one upside and that is I don't have to put the sprinkler on the lawn at all. The heat has been almost non-existent. I think we've had one or two "hot" days and the rest have felt more like early September.

The weather experts say August could be dryer and hotter. This of course means absolutely nothing because if they're wrong they'll just come up with some reason for the change. They'll blame it on El Niño or La Niña or El Guapo or some damn thing.

It's a good thing these meteorologists didn't become surgeons. Can you imagine the conversations with the family after he / she got the procedure wrong yet again. "I'm sorry Mrs. Smith but things didn't go as forecasted...we took the wrong arm off. But I'm sure we'll get it right tomorrow."

Just today we had a lot more rain and thunderstorms. It was quite wet at the trailer. There was one bright spot however as the sun came out long enough to give us a nice rainbow. I thought about trying to find the pot of gold at the end but I didn't have a boat.

Rainbow Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment