Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm Joining The Armed Forces

After viewing this video below, I felt my manly juices start to flow and I was all Gung-Ho to serve my country by whatever means they would allow me.

I watched the video and thought to myself, how could I best serve the Canadian Military at age 41?

One thing is for sure...I can't fly CF-18 Hornet Fighter Jets. It's not that I couldn't do it. Heck I've been playing Microsoft's Flight Simulator game for years. The only problem I could foresee is trying to fit my fat ass into the cockpit. Actually, I might be able to get in, but I'd need a team of specially trained grounds crew members with crowbars to pry me out.

How about the Navy? Perhaps I could be a cook or lug ammunition to the deck guns. Truth be told, I'd probably only be qualified to be the anchor. But even that won't work since I can't hold my breath very long.

That leaves the Army. Sorry...I've never been much of a backpacker and I don't enjoy taking hikes with friends.

Damn...it looks like the only way I can get involved is to continue wearing red on Friday's. Come to think of it, I need to wash my red boxers and iron my Canadian flag for tomorrow.

All kidding aside, this is an impressive video and is a great example of how the Canadian Forces should be respected world wide. We may not have the numbers like other countries, but nobody can match our heart and determination. History has proven that.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 pm

    that's an amazing video. I see what you mean about wanting to do your part, what ever it maybe.
    Be Canadian, all the way
    DSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:06 pm

    Great video. It should be on TV for a recruiting advertisment. Best music for a CF video as well. Good thing we have the USA to cover for us in case we get invaded. As impressive as the video is, we rank very low on the world stage for being able to protect ourselves. Maybe that's a good thing and everyone should be like us. That being said, those who do join know that they will defend our freedom with their lives. I did for 36 years.
    John T

    ReplyDelete