Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010 - Here We Go

The holiday season has officially come to an end and we can now settle into 2010 and the typical winter routines we've grown accustomed to. Unless of course you live in the Southern Hemisphere where the heat of summer is scorching the earth. That's right...I'm thinking of you Tom.

For the rest of us it's time to make the most of the often nasty weather associated with this time of year. I can't complain yet as the winter hasn't been too bad. Sure its been cold but I've only had to use the snow blower once so far. I stress..."so far". Lord knows it won't last.

As far as the holiday season went, it was very laid back. I stuck close to home and was working every day except for a few days off over Christmas. I worked both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day so my celebrating was limited to either being on the job or sleeping.

Of course when time permits, I spend a fair bit of time watching hockey with the annual World Junior Championships taking place and there's always time to support my Habs.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to devote to my blog. I hate when life gets in the way of having fun. But I will try to add more updates soon. I appreciate those who drop by and keep checking in.

Tomorrow will be a sad day around here as four more Canadian soldiers and a female reporter killed in Afghanistan earlier in the week will be returned to Canada. They'll arrive at the air base here in town around 2pm before traveling along the Highway of Heroes for about 90 minutes to Toronto. I expect large crowds of fellow Canadians to show up along the route despite the cold weather in the forecast to show their respect and to support the families.

I don't normally make any resolutions to start the year because honestly...I never keep them or I just forget about them. One thing I would like to do more of in 2010 is exercise a bit more often. I'm not looking to make huge changes but a bit more activity would be nice to try and shed a few pounds.

And just to prove I really mean it, here's a photo taken of me earlier today doing some push-ups. I believe this photo was taken somewhere around number 93. Honest.

No Pain No Gain

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment