Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One With Nature

I would describe myself as being like a "bull in a china shop" in most cases and this usually means quietly trekking through nature would be out of the question. The creatures can usually hear me from miles away as I approach.

That's why I was so surprised during an outing last weekend to come across a Barred Owl perched in a tree and not flying away as quickly as he could.

With my camera in hand I visited Presqu'ile Provincial Park, near Brighton, Ontario in search of one of these birds of prey. I had heard they were being spotted in a particular area and had seen photos taken by other people. I didn't expect to see anything on my first attempt to photograph one of these owls except lots of trees and perhaps a few chickadees.

But much to my surprise I lucked out and found this big guy somewhat camouflaged while resting in a tree and he didn't seem overly bothered by my presence. I guess it was a good thing I didn't shower before I left the house.

Any way, here are just a couple of the nearly 100 photos that I took that day.

Open Wide
© 2010 Mark Kennedy

What Are You Looking At?
© 2010 Mark Kennedy

2 comments:

  1. Alanna8:54 am

    Very cool! I love owls and these are amazing pics!
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~Alanna

    ReplyDelete