Friday, October 17, 2008

Could You Repeat That Joe?

I'm not a super political person but I like to keep an eye on what's happening stay informed.

Now that the Canadian Federal election is over and millions of dollars was spent to basically end up with the same results prior to the election, I can spend a bit more time following the final weeks of the United States campaigns.

I've never been a fan of George W. Bush and I don't have any problems revealing that. He is America's biggest embarrassment in modern day history if not longer. I don't blame the Republican Party for everything and I think Bush was unfortunate to be President during a very troubling period of world history. The point is, he wasn't the man for the job that was placed in front of him.

John McCain is NOT Bush and I believe McCain is the best choice to be the next President. He probably could have made a better choice for a running mate but if Sarah Palin did take on the role of Commander and Chief, she couldn't do any worse than Bush. If you can put aside that choice and look objectively at his credentials, he is the most qualified person and has the backbone to not only lead but protect the people of the U.S. As a neighbour and fellow NATO country, I would feel much safer with McCain in power.

Barack Obama is not the man for the job this time around. I think he could be an excellent President one day but he needs more experience before that happens. As for his running mate, Joe Biden had proven in the past he should think before he speaks.

The most glaring example has to be when he recollected his fellow Americans watched FDR on television during the 1929 stock market crash. Of course the Biden family must have been the only one's in the world with a television at that time.

Oh sure, a few blunders here and there isn't a big deal and to be honest, Biden is a better choice than Palin but what fun is it when you can't make fun of politicians and the people in power. It makes us feel better.

Here is one of my favourite Joe Biden blunders. He really should lean to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment