Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Canucks

I was going to sit here and type out some of the reasons I have to be thankful this holiday but decided I'd spare you of all that crap.

Everyone in my family is healthy, as far as I know, and that's about all we can ask for. Actually, a longer summer would be nice.


Suffice to say things could be a lot worse and they can always be better. I'm right there in the middle and meaty part of the "giving thanks" curve.

As long as the turkey is cooked, the potatoes are mashed, the gravy isn't lumpy and the vegetables aren't al dente I'll be happy. If I can push myself away from the table, roll my big butt into the living room to the comfy chair, undo my pants and watch some TV, it will be a great day.

Of course the sad news is I'm working the entire weekend which is good and bad.
Good: because I can always use the hours and the money.
Bad: because it's another long weekend where the weather is great, I could have been golfing and seeing friends and just enjoying life a little.


Oh well, there's always next weekend. My luck; it will probably rain.

Any way, Happy Thanksgiving everyone and don't forget to vote on Tuesday in the Federal Election. As I always say...if you don't vote, you can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment