Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Skateboarders Are Smart

Alright, I'll admit that Tony Hawk is a pretty nice guy and has made a great living as the world's oldest teenager riding around and competing on his skateboard. He's 40 by the way.

But for every guy who makes it as a professional skateboarder (I can't believe that's a profession) there's five hundred thousand losers wearing baggy underwear showing pants, sideways hats and talking like they're from a different race contributing nothing to society except broken curbs and graffiti covered skate parks.

Nine times out of ten you can probably look at their parents and shake your head slowly while thinking..."it all makes sense".

Here now for your enjoyment is yet another leader of tomorrow wasting his life while at the same time doing us all a favour by guaranteeing he won't be able to produce any offspring of his own. If I didn't know any better I'd say God was trying to send this boy a message.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:50 pm

    Wow... That's a pretty harsh generalization. Stereo-type much? I'm guessing it's coming from closet racism.

    You listed things about teenagers as a whole, not specific to skateboarders. Take "losers wearing baggy underwear showing pants, sideways hats and talking like they're from a different race" for example. That is a description of the entire youth culture.

    And if doing something outdoors that's physically active is wasting your life, then what are video games? I'd rather my kids go outside and get scraped knees, and have fun with their friends, than sitting inside getting paler and fatter while only working out there thumbs. I'm guessing you have pretty strong thumbs don't you? Really strong thumbs. And probably a strong right forearm. You tubby, womanless bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I wouldn't allow a comment that is crude or rude but to be honest, when I read the above comment it made my day. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Lord knows after a lifetime of being called names by school yard bullies and people trying to mask their own insecurities by lashing out at others, it hardly even registers with me anymore.

    The name calling aside, it had been so long since I wrote this blog posting that I didn't have a clue what "Anonymous" was referring to so I had to reread it of course.

    Perhaps I did paint all teenagers with one brush and group them all into one annoying, bothersome, idiotic lump. That of course isn't true. There are a few that I've dealt with who are educated, dress like valued members of society and take pride in their appearance.

    However, I still believe almost five years after my original post that some of it is true. At least based on what I see daily in my own community. Kids from a good home with a good upbringing stand a better chance of being a valued member of society. Sadly there are a lot of others raised by parents who could care less what their kids are doing or how they look. So I guess I don't blame the kids because they're too immature to know better.

    ReplyDelete