Sunday, August 30, 2009

MaXXDaddy Monster Isn't Scary

Have a look at this video first and you'll see what I'm about to talk about.



In all of the years I've been writing this blog, I don't recall ever endorsing any products. I'm certainly not being paid for sharing my thoughts on the MaXXDaddy Monster from Koolestproducts.com either.

However, as a rather large individual, I know how tough it can be for other "big-boned" people to find a sturdy, comfortable and safe chair to sit in outdoors.

Well, look no further than this behemoth.

For years I struggled to find a chair that would fit me. I was always in chairs that were too tight across my ample thighs or that I couldn't fit my wide derriere into. I'd squeeze into chairs and be uncomfortable the whole time I was sitting in them.

Even worse was the fear of sitting on someone else's chair and breaking it. Not only would I feel like a schmuck but it would also be embarrassing. Needless to say I found myself declining the seat I was offered and would stand instead.

So what is it about this chair that has compelled me to write this? I can tell you it isn't the cost.

I might as well be honest from the very beginning. The chair costs about $140 US and if you have it shipped to Canada like I did, you can expect to pay an extra $80 in duty coming across the border. The chair is shipped from Tennessee.

The price may be steep but for someone like me, you quickly forget the cost once you open the chair, insert your headrest and park your butt on the comfortable seat.

The chair is tested to hold a static weight of 1400 lbs and the chair can safely hold up to 800 lbs. The arms I use to push myself out of the chair are able to hold 400 lbs each. Both the headrest and footrest are easily removable. I've never used the footrest to be honest but I love the headrest.

It's a heavy chair thanks to its solid build and steel frame and it comes with a handy carrying case. I'm also pleased with the two insulated cup holders and two side magazine holders that are found on the arms.

I highly recommend this chair to any person of size that has ever needed a comfortable chair for around the campsite, cottage, tailgate party or any other occasion where you need to park your tush.

I will definitely buy another one in the future...unless the fine folks at Koolestproducts.com would like to send me one for free. I'm not opposed to receiving handouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment