Saturday, August 08, 2009

Remembering John Hughes

Anyone who is around my age is probably feeling a little stunned and sad after learning of the sudden passing of John Hughes at the age of 59.

Hughes was the writer and director of some of the most memorable and influential movies of my youth. Heck, the Twist and Shout scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off was directly responsible for the skit and song performance of Twist and Sheppard in my 1986 Grade 13 Christmas assembly.

Some of my other favourite movies that Hughes either wrote, directed or produced included Uncle Buck, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Some Kind of Wonderful, Pretty in Pink and Weird Science...to name only a few.

I found this well produced video montage of John Hughes films set to the music of Baba O'Riley by The Who that I thought others might enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment